BigRoad For Truckers And Trucking Fleets
Truck drivers, it might be time to update your smartphone.
There's a new and promising smartphone app that can help truckers. It's called BigRoad. It uses Google Maps to navigate, has in-app messaging, sending and receiving tools, and makes it easier to log and track trucking fleets. Both truck drivers and trucking companies will find the app's log function to be a major draw. It is compatible with U.S. and Canadian hours-of-service compliance rules. The BigRoad app's top-left screen has a round duty status button. This allows you to record off-duty, sleeping, driving, and on-duty times. To correct a mistake, or to update your driving status, click "Daily Log".
BigRoad's home screen is simple to navigate. To pinpoint your location, users can select from a variety of Google maps views: night, satellite, or map. You can also set your odometer and record what you are carrying. The app allows you to send photos and accident reports via text message or email. Truck drivers get O' and BigRoad for free, and fleet owners and operators receive $15 per month.
Here are BigRoad’s Trucker Aimed features
- Two-way messaging: dispatch, other drivers, and friends.
- Driver logs: eliminate miscalculation & improve accuracy. This software supports both the US and CDN rules.
- Check-in location using GPS.
- Just one touch and you can find truck stops, weigh scales, dealer locations, and other POI's.
- Do not wait in line to fax: Send documents and photos.
- Get real-time traffic GPS: Avoid delays and improve safety
- Automate status, location and paperwork updates for dispatchers
- Calculator & tracking of hours of service automatically