What Is A Car Transporter And What Does It Do
What is a car transporter? Good question. Do you remember those huge vehicle haulers that always drive to family vacations? This is an auto hauler also known as car transportation.
Car transport companies like Move Car (an auto transportation management company) will provide you with a quote and coordinate all logistics.
Car transporting can sometimes be a single vehicle being transported across the country in an enclosed, covered trailer. Sometimes, the car transporter can be open and the vehicle is on a 10-car hauler that includes nine vehicles.
What does it mean to be a car transporter?
You can view the reviews on major websites to see all the car transporter companies. Websites such as Trustpilot, TransportReviews and Google are all good options. The best vehicle transport company will usually have a presence across all major review sites.
Move Car is an auto transport management company that serves customers from end to end. It acts as a single point for all customer contact, from quote to delivery. Although smaller, local companies may use smaller flatbed carriers or car carriers to transport your vehicle from Point A and B, delivery times can be longer.
Let's now get a better idea of what a vehicle transporter does.
What is a car transporter?
The role of a car transporter is the most important topic.
The process of getting a quotation.
Reliable auto transport companies are always happy to provide a price quote immediately and free of charge. The vehicle's make, model, condition, distance, pickup and drop off addresses, as well as the final price should all be considered.
The type of transport. It all depends on what booking options they selected, and where they are.
Going when they are needed.
These are just a few more ways to ensure you get the best car transporter price:
- Shipping larger vehicles is usually more expensive than shipping smaller ones.
- It will be cheaper to travel for shorter distances than it would to move your car from one state into another.
- You will likely need to pay more if your vehicle needs to be there in a hurry.
- The cheapest routes are usually the most popular.
- Move Car Auto Transport offers an easy online quote tool that will provide you with instant auto shipping rates. It is important to understand what factors influence the quote in order to find reliable auto transport companies.
AAA reports that the average national gas price in the United States is $2.79 per gallon as of July 2019. Here are some examples of the cost differential for a vehicle that can get 25 MPG (and has a 12-gallon tank).
Example 1 - The journey from Chicago, IL, to Seattle, WA takes approximately 1 day and 9 hrs. You drive 2,030 miles and pay $257 for gasoline. You can also have it shipped for $1079.
Exemple 2: 816 Miles from Chicago, IL, to Albany, NY. It will cost you $102.73 gas and $709. shipping.
Example 3 - Moving from Chicago, IL, to San Antonio (TX) may take 19 hours and 59 mins and leave your car with 1,205 miles. It costs $152 to fill up your car with gas or it can be shipped for $799.
Example 4 -The journey from Chicago, IL, to Miami, FL takes 20 hours and 48 mins. You will drive 1,371 miles and spend $173 gas. You can also ship it for $889 on average.
Booking as early as possible is the best way to ensure the best case scenario. When you are certain that you will be moving, start looking for auto transport companies. Get quotes right away so you can choose the best transporter.
Here's how the car transporter booking process works once you have received a quote. While everything will depend on the car transporter company you choose, any reliable company should make it easy for you.
How can you book a car transportation?
It can be easy to work with experts such as Move Car Auto Transport. Here are some examples.
Here's a quick overview about the booking process for a car transporter.
1 Request a quotation and make your order
- Choose the destination that you wish to ship to/from.
- Choose the pick-up and delivery dates.
- To find the top-rated car transportation company, look at reviews (ask your friends, read online reviews, etc.). You can find out more.
- Find the lowest car shipping price.
- Book with the car transportation company.
2 Get your vehicle picked up.
Next, prepare your vehicle for shipping. The company will have different requirements about what you can and cannot include in your vehicle. These are some guidelines you can stick to:
- Move Car allows you to have up to one piece of luggage (e.g. a suitcase, bag) for free. Only place it in the trunk or cargo area.
- Clean your vehicle (inside and outside, with no dirt or debris if at all possible).
- The vehicle must have an emergency brake that works.
- There are no cracks or chips on the windshield or windows.
- A car should have no more than 1/4 tank of gasoline. The law requires that your car have a minimum of 1/4 tank of gasoline, because gasoline is considered dangerous material at the port.
3) Get your vehicle delivered.
When your trucker is near home, they will call you. They can be met at your driveway or at the agreed-upon pickup spot.
Why is car transport better than driving?
Don't risk it. Trust the experts to safely get you there. The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration ( NHTSA ):
Drunk driving is linked to more than 1500 deaths each year and at least 100,000 motor vehicle crashes. Non-fatal injuries are the most common result of drowsy-related crashes. Drowsy driving causes an estimated $12.5 billion in annual financial loss. When the police file an accident report, drowsy driving is often not reported. Drowsy driving is difficult to detect unless the driver falls asleep.
There are many auto shipping options today. You can find the best deal for your needs.
Move Car is a leader in the industry with a network of 15,000 drivers. We have shipped thousands of vehicles from one city to another, for both individual customers and dealers. Our job is to create quotes, coordinate orders, and find the best way to get your vehicles to your dealership.
If you have any questions about car transporters, how they work and what to look for in a company that you trust, give us a shout.