The Pros And Cons Of Car Shipping Vs Driving
Car shipping is an effective solution to many logistical problems. You can purchase a car far from home, or move out of state to find a job. There are vehicles available to transport you from A to B. This guide will help you decide if you want to use car shipping or do the driving yourself. This guide will help you make a decision between car shipping or doing the work yourself.
Ship your car or drive yourself?
The Benefits of Car Shipping
Convenience - Moving can be overwhelming. You can now focus on other tasks by choosing car shipping. You can leave the driving to the car shipping service and let them take care of the rest.
Safety - Long drives and unfamiliar roads can make it difficult to navigate. You can avoid potential dangers on the roads and byways by leaving the driving to a professional driver. You are at risk of losing your way or being in an accident. There is also the possibility of flat tires, accidents, or other unfortunate circumstances. Additionally, prolonged sitting can cause discomfort to the neck, back, and legs.
Car shipping has a cost, but so does your precious time. When weighing the pros and cons of shipping your car, consider how important your time is. It can take hours to drive your car, truck, or SUV long distances. You may not be aware of how long it takes to get from one place to the next.
* One-bedroom or studio moves can take approximately 2-3 hours.
* A move between two bedrooms takes approximately 3-5 hours.
* 3-4 bedroom moves can take up to 7 hours.
* 5 or more bedroom moves may take between 8 and 10 hours.
It might be possible to calculate the time cost. All of our time spent on a task is worth a certain amount. Time is money, as the old saying goes. Although we've all heard it, many people don't apply it to their personal lives. If you work out an hourly rate and then calculate how long you drive, you may find that driving a car is more costly (in terms of potential costs) than shipping it.
Protection - Protect your vehicle from the elements, wear and tear, as well as theft during car shipping. There are many options for getting your vehicle to its destination, including closed carriers which offer temperature control and protection as well as increased levels of security.
The Cons of Car Shipping
Shipping Costs. This is often the most important consideration. If they could justify the cost, most consumers would choose car shipping over the more convenient option. The truth is that car shipping costs are not as expensive as you think. Let's look at some numbers.
Driving or shipping in the real world
Route from Miami to Atlanta by yourself - To do this math, you first need to look at gas prices.
* Fuel Round trip cost is $129.38, with an estimated gas consumption of 26.5 gallons.
* Accommodation The drive from Miami to Atlanta takes approximately ten hours (without traffic jams), which can be difficult to do in one day. Therefore, an overnight stay along this route could be necessary, which could cost between $150 and $300 depending on the accommodation you choose.
* Tolls- Depending on which route you choose, tolls may be charged between $30 and $50.
If you choose the lowest end of the overnight option, and there are tolls along your route, your out-of-pocket cost will be minimally $309. This does not include the cost of the two-day trip, meals at stops along the route, and any other unexpected expenses.
* Time- According to the old saying, time is money. How valuable are a few hours of your time when you have to miss work or make arrangements for loved ones that you care about on a daily basis. While the dollar amount might not be the same for everyone, it is worth considering if we include time and convenience.
Estimated Car Shipping Cost from Miami to Atlanta - An average-sized SUV would be transported in an open carrier with insurance and door-to-door service. The cost is $609 to $629.
The Learning Curve - If you have never used a car shipping company before, you may feel confused about where to begin. This learning curve is not difficult to conquer. It is as easy as setting the date, mapping your route, and telling the car shipping company what type of car you have. This is usually all you need to receive a quote.
To ensure that you work with a reputable and quality car shipping company, it is important to take note of the following:
* Insurance Ensure that your vehicle is covered by insurance while it is being shipped to its destination.
* Drivers Ensure that drivers are properly-vetted and have years of experience.
* Hidden charges Make sure you have a complete picture of the price quote and are aware of any hidden fees.
* Customer Service - See the availability of the customer support team, their online reviews, and their Better Business Bureau rating.
The best part about car shipping is that it's now easier than ever. Move Car Auto Transport is the industry leader in car shipping. It offers affordable pricing and all of the quality control you need in a car transportation service. You can get an online quote in just 10 seconds. Our customer service representatives are available to answer any questions.
Ready? Get your car shipping quote today.