Posted on 01/06/22

Six Tips About Auto Shipping Dates

Six Tips About Auto Shipping Dates

Auto-shipping dates

Auto-shipping dates can be difficult to choose from, but choosing the right one could make all the difference. These are some great tips we found that will help reduce stress and increase the success rate of your shipment.

Tip #1

You don't have to be the one who meets the driver. You can meet the driver at any time. It takes approximately 30 minutes to meet your driver and have him load/unload your car. It's okay to ask, even though you don't want to cause any inconvenience to a friend or family member. You can think about it this way: If you were willing to do it for them, there are high chances that they will do it for themselves. It takes the stress out of shipping your car by having a backup plan. Do not ship your vehicle to yourself. This would be like Jared Goff, the Rams' quarterback, throwing touchdown passes to himself. There are many things that can go wrong. Think of a more stress-free way.

Tip #2

Find out the location of your support network. If your support system is located at the origin, you can rely on them as backup contacts in the event that you have to leave town before your vehicle arrives. Now, if your support system is near the destination, you can count on them to be your backup. Your support system will determine the auto shipping dates.

Tip #3

It takes approximately one day to transport your vehicle for every 500 miles. Let's say your destination is located 2,000 miles away. It will take you 4 days to transport your vehicle. Let's also assume that you have no support at your destination and there is no one who can receive it. You don't want your vehicle to be late getting there. You should not allow your car to be shipped before your scheduled arrival at your destination. This will give you some time to pick up your driver at the origination. If you do not have a driver assigned to your vehicle, you can call Move Car Auto Transport customer support to change the origin contact. Take off on your flight. It's easy. No stress. You can rent a car, or you can live without it at your destination. It is almost impossible to not be inconvenienced at your shipping point. It is not possible to overnight a package. A vehicle is much more. You know this, right? Right. When your vehicle is assigned, let your point of contact be there to meet the driver. Everything will be fine and no money will change hands.

Tip #4

Let's now imagine that the reverse is true. You don't know anyone at the origination, but your support system is a destination. Now, you want your vehicle to get on the road before yours. There are 90% of Americans live in densely populated areas. This means that there is a good chance you can make it happen, no matter what. 10% of Americans live in remote areas. It is possible to find a carrier if you try. Let's not forget the 90% who have a chance. Here are the steps you need to take. Your vehicle should be available between 10 and 14 days before you leave. Your vehicle should be available within seven days at our standard rate. Call Move Car Auto Transport each day if your vehicle has not been assigned before your personal departure. You will be charged $50 per call. This will allow you to get ahead of the market rates, and put you in a better position. If a carrier is moving your way, he will want your higher-paying vehicle. This is how you can make it happen. Another tip is to find a driver in the nearby big city.

Tip #5

If you don’t know anyone in either place, it is best to ship by yourself. You can leave your car at the storage facility closest to your destination and then ship from there. You will incur an additional cost, but that's all you have to do. Sometimes, an auto body shop may be willing to take it on for a small fee.

Tip #6

You are lucky if you have support networks in both the destination and origin locations. It's nice to have friends. This makes it much easier to choose your auto shipping date.

Although we make every effort to explain the process on our website and by phone, our system doesn't guarantee to pick up or delivery times. The system allows you to pick up your vehicle within a typically 1-7 day period from the time that your vehicle is made available. This is also not guaranteed as there must be at least one carrier in your area with 7-10 cars heading to your destination. It is possible to have this happen every week, and it happens more than 90% of the time. However, bad weather, remote locations, seasonal traffic changes, or truck mechanical problems can all affect your ability to get there. It can take longer than the usual one week. It might take longer shipping to or from a bigger town. If you are in a hurry, turbocharging can be a good option. You can add $50, $100, or $200 to your order to get a driver to drive the extra mile. To get an estimate, use our auto shipping rate calculation.