Shipping A Cross Country Rv
Many Americans enjoy renting an RV to drive across the country. What if you don't have the time or desire to drive your RV across the country? An auto transport company can ship your RV to you.
These are some safety tips to ship safely.
How to find the right company to ship your items
There are some things you should know if you plan to transport your RV across the country.
There are many RV transport companies available, so it is important to research them all before you make a decision. These are some things to remember when selecting an RV transport company.
- First, find a reliable RV transport company. There are many companies that offer this service. Make sure you do your research. Before you make a decision, be sure to compare prices and read reviews.
- Check that the company is licensed and insured. This is crucial in the event of damage or accidents during transportation.
- Ask about their experiences. Ask about their experience and the length of time they have been in business.
- After you have found a company that you feel comfortable with, it's time to prepare your RV for transportation. You will need to ensure that all your belongings are properly packed and secured so they don’t move during transport. It is also important to turn off any utilities.
- Be available to answer any questions that the driver might have when the day of shipment arrives. After everything has been loaded, you will be on your journey to your final destination.
Benefits of using transport companies
- An advantage to using an auto transport company for your RV move is that you don't need to worry about gas prices. Gas prices are subject to fluctuation, so it is important to plan for gas expenses if you drive your RV across the country. An auto transport company will let you know the cost upfront and won't charge you extra for unexpected increases in gas prices.
- Auto transport companies also have the equipment necessary to transport RVs. Your RV will be protected and secured during transportation. Your RV will be handled professionally by professionals who are familiar with loading and unloading vehicles.
- Finally, RV shipping companies can provide you with peace of mind. It will take the stress out of driving your RV long distances and it will be safe in good hands. This is especially important if you are moving across the country.
An all-inclusive RV transport company
Move Car Auto Transport, America's leading RV transport company, is the best to ship an RV without additional charges. We provide transportation services for motorhomes and RVs all across the country.
We offer RV and caravan transportation, including camper and travel trailers as well as 5-wheel trailers.
Move CarAuto Transport has over a decade of experience in transporting RVs and motorhomes. You can trust us as a reliable shipping agency.
Shipping options: Seven
1) Tow-away services
You will need the right equipment if you plan to tow your Recreational Vehicle (RV), behind a truck. Special trucks and trailers are used to tow RVs behind trucks.
These services can be used for moving your RV around or to store it when you aren't using it. Truck towing services are another great option to maintain your RV and ensure it is always accessible when you need it.
2) Flatbed services
Flatbed services are a type of tracking service that uses a flatbed truck with an elevated truck bed instead of a trailer. Flatbed trucks can be used to haul bulky or large loads.
Flatbed service is offered by a variety of trucking companies. The cost will vary depending on which company you choose, the load that you are transporting, and how large it is.
3) Driveaway services
You don't have to worry about getting your RV to its destination with a driver. A drive-away service is an option. This service will send a driver to drive your RV and transport it. Additional equipment and vehicles are not required.
4) Step-Deck Trailers
There are some things to remember if you plan on transporting your RV using a step-deck trailer. Make sure your trailer can handle the RV's weight. When loading your RV onto the trailer, make sure you are aware of its clearance height. Finally, ensure that your RV is properly secured before it is transported.
It is important to take into account the trailer's length and weight when loading your RV onto the step-deck trailer. You don't want your RV to be too heavy and cause damage to the trailer, or worse, to injure anyone. To ensure that your RV is balanced, evenly distribute its weight along the length of the trailer.
After your RV has been loaded onto the trailer you will need to ensure it is securely secured. It is not a good idea for your RV to become loose in transport, causing an accident. Make sure that all straps and tie-downs are secured and that your RV is securely attached to your trailer.
5) Low Boy Trailers
An RV lowboy trailer, also known as an RV trailer, is a special type of trailer designed for large vehicles such as campers and RVs. Lowboy trailers are usually lower than standard trailers. This makes them great for transporting campers and RVs that are too large to fit in a standard trailer.
Lowboy trailers come in an open or enclosed configuration. They usually have a ramp or liftgate, that can be used for loading and unloading the camper or RV. Lowboy trailers are equipped with suspension and air brakes that keep your RV or camper safe during transportation.
6) Extension Drop Trailers
These trailers are specifically designed to haul RVs.
The ramp extends from the trailer bed to allow for extended drop trailers. The ramp lets you drive your RV up to the trailer and makes loading and unloading easy. The ramp can be extended so you don't need to worry about clearance issues. It will clear all obstacles.
After your RV has been loaded onto the trailer, it will be secured in place. You can then attach the trailer to your vehicle and go.
7) Vessel Trailers
Vessel trailers are specifically designed for RV transport and are a great choice for RV owners who need to move their RV far.
What is the cost of transporting an RV?
The cost of moving an RV depends on many factors such as distance, size, weight, and whether professional movers are needed.
To get an estimate of the cost of moving your RV, you can request a quote from several RV transport companies. Many companies also offer discounts for long-distance moves.
What happens if my RV is damaged in shipping?
There are a few things you can do to protect your RV from damage during shipping.
First, ensure that you choose a reliable and experienced shipping company.
Check online reviews and ask for references to see if anyone has had a positive experience with the company.
After you have chosen a shipping company, make sure to discuss the details of your insurance policy. You need to be clear about what coverage you have in case your RV is damaged during shipping.
In most cases, the shipping company will have its own insurance which will cover damages during transit. It's a good idea, however, to make sure you are fully covered.
Before you load your RV onto the truck, make sure to inspect it thoroughly. To keep track of any damage, take photos or videos. You'll then have documentation to support your claim if anything happens during shipping.
Checklist to help you prepare for transport
- Secure latches are required for all doors, windows, cupboards, and drawers.
- All items that are hung on walls should be secured and removed.
- All appliances and devices must be turned off.
- Turn off the power, and then turn off the gas.
- Check that the RV is completely free from any loose or hanging items.
- Check that all parking, brake, turn signal, indicator, and other lights are functioning.
- All cargo doors, chains, and pop-ups must be secured and latched.
- Make sure your RV's slide-outs are locked.
- Verify fluid levels and look for leaks.
- You must secure the hitch and tow bar.
- Take a look at the battery.
- You should check the pressure of all your tires and inspect for cracks or severe tread wear.
- Make sure that your parking brakes and service brakes work properly.
It is easy to ship your RV. Contact us at Move Car Auto Transport for more information. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and provide a quote for your free.