Military Car Shipping During Deployment
This guide is for you and your family members who are serving in the United States Military. First, thank you for your sacrifice and service. Move Car Auto Transport is truly grateful for all you do to defend, support, and protect this country. We want to make it as simple as possible for your family to ship your vehicle whether you are currently deployed or about to embark on a tour.
Perhaps you have shipped cars before or this is your first vehicle shipping. It's always a challenge to transport your car from one location to the next. This is especially true if you are unable to drive the vehicle or organize the planning and organizing from your home.
Move Car Auto Transport is available to assist you with all aspects of transporting your vehicle. This guide covers two points. It explains what you need to do with your car in order to prepare it for deployment. It will also help you navigate the complicated waters of how to move your car if you are already deployed.
How to handle your car during deployment
There are many things to do when you face deployment. These simple reminders and tips have taken the stress out of deployment. This list provides answers so you don't need to worry about what to do with your car when you're deployed.
- You can change your car coverage while you are deployed. Get in touch with your broker, insurance agent, or provider. Talk to someone in person. Don't attempt to do it via a computer. It will be much easier to update your car insurance by speaking with a person. You can't cancel your insurance or have it reactivated when you return to the US. You can decrease the coverage to the minimum required. While you are talking to someone, inquire about a discount for military personnel.
- Maintain your vehicle. Nothing is worse than returning from months abroad and finding your vehicle is not running properly or at all. It is better to have your vehicle serviced before you go on deployment than when you return. This will prevent potential problems from getting worse.
- Keep your documents safe. You should also keep your title, registration, and insurance card in a secure place. Keep your registration and insurance card near your vehicle. The title should not be kept. You can share that information with your family back home. It will be simple for anyone acting on your behalf to find the relevant papers if something is needed with the vehicle. Some prefer a filing cabinet or lockbox. You and your family should decide what is best.
- Choose the best storage solution for your car. It's simple if your house has a garage. You can also research car storage options. Perhaps a family member or friend will let you store your car in their garage. Perhaps a covered storage unit or storage unit is best suited for your vehicle.
- Create duplicate keys. Being in the military means that you know that even the best-laid plans can sometimes go wrong. You may need to give permission for a loved one who has car issues to use yours. It is possible that your vehicle cannot be stored in the location you have chosen. A duplicate set of keys can make it easier for someone to care for your car. It's better not to have keys than to use them.
Transport Cars for Military Personnel
Sometimes, the "home sweet home", you leave is not where you will return after your deployment ends. We can make this easier for you and the people who coordinate your relocation. You can focus on safety and accomplishing the mission.
The internet has made it possible to do much of the planning and research online. This allows you to participate in the process while on the ground.
- Step 1 - Get shipping quotes. Many interstate car shipping companies offer online quote calculators. Reputable transport companies will not ask for personal data. Open-air shipping is safer and more suitable for 97% of vehicles, so if you are asked, don't answer. Enclosed trailers can be purchased for cars up to $100,000.
- Step 2 - Research shipping companies and make a booking. Many car shipping companies talk but don't follow up. It can be very difficult to transport multiple vehicles from one location to another. To read Trustpilot reviews, you can see what other people have to say. Move Car Auto Transport makes it simple to book online. You can also call our customer service representatives to get assistance.
- Step 3 - Get all your documents together. Although it is not necessary to have a lot of documentation to ship a car, anyone acting for you should still be able to access any information that is needed.
- Step 4 - Ship your car. Military bases don't allow trailers or auto transport vehicles onto their grounds. You will need to arrange to have someone meet your vehicle outside military bases if you are shipping to or from them. You should ensure that the fuel level remains at least 25% of its original capacity. It should not be so high that the transporter has to carry it, but enough to move your car from the trailer to its destination.
Car shipping while in the military
Move Car Auto Transport appreciates all that you do for our great country. We want to make shipping your vehicle, especially while you are deployed, as easy and seamless for you as possible. These FAQs are what we have put together. For any questions or concerns, please call us. You can schedule your transport by phone or book online.