How To Inspect Your Car Before Shipping
You are one step ahead of others who don't know how to get your car ready for shipping. You are a smart car owner. Next, you will need to navigate the preparation for the pre-transport inspection details. It's easy to prepare your vehicle for transport. Move Car Auto Transport is the industry leader in auto transport and has the answers to all your questions.
How to Inspect Your Vehicle Before It Ships
- Get rid of all the clutter. Clear out all clutter before your vehicle, truck, motorcycle, or SUV leaves for its final destination. You don't have to remove the wrappers from the candy bars under your seat. Also, make sure you check the trunk for any personal items or fragile items that may be hidden in the glove box. It is possible to ship personal effects up to 100 lbs with your vehicle. However, it is important to ensure that they are not fragile or high-value. It is important that your driver has a clear vision as they load and unload the vehicle onto their carrier.
- Take a look at the exterior of your car. While a quick car wash is not necessary, it's a good idea to do so as it will make your car look better. If you have any exterior accessories that can be removed to protect your vehicle from damage, make sure to do this before your car shipping service begins. This could include large antennae, bike racks, or roof racks.
- Check your fuel level. The best practices for auto-shipment preparation include reducing fuel consumption to 1/4 tank.
- Take photos of your car to document its condition. This is just a precaution to ensure that a scratch or dent does not occur after your car shipment has ended.
It is easy to prepare your car for auto transportation services. When you are ready to ship your vehicle, be sure to take note of the following details:
- If your car is not working, has special needs, or is damaged in any way, let your driver know.
- You can contact your partner in auto transport to arrange door-to-door service, or special instructions for your driver before your car can be delivered.
- Be sure to inform the car shipper in advance if you have any directions specific to your location.
You can ship your car anywhere with Move Car
This is it! Your car is now ready for shipment to its destination. The best part? Move Car Auto Transport will do the rest! For added security, we offer the nation's most extensive and thoroughly-vetted network drivers. We also provide world-class insurance with all car shipment orders for extra peace of mind. Our quotes are instant, free and easy to understand.
Request a quote for your car shipping today!