How To Create A Timeline From Pick Up To Destination
Timing is a common question about car shipping. Customers are interested in knowing how long it takes to ship their car from one place to the next. It may seem like an easy question to answer, but it is not always straightforward. There are many factors that will affect the time it takes to ship your vehicle. The best auto shipping companies can give you an estimate of the window or range. These are some things to keep in mind when creating a timeline to ship your vehicle.
There are many factors that will affect the delivery time of your vehicle before it hits the roads. It is affected by a few things:
- Location- It is easier and quicker to transport vehicles between major cities. It will take longer to transport vehicles between rural and small towns.
- Season-Auto transport generally picks up the spring or summer months so that carriers are more available, which can speed up delivery.
- Vehicle Size - Larger vehicles may require longer delivery times than smaller vehicles.
These factors are important to remember. Provide the auto shipping company with all details about your vehicle so they can give you an estimate of when it will be available for pick-up.
Next, consider the transit time. There are many factors that can affect the time it takes your vehicle to reach its destination.
- Distance- Take into account the distance your vehicle will be traveling. One hundred miles may take only a few days, while several thousand could take several weeks.
- Weather- While there are no plans for the future, the weather can have an impact on the time that your vehicle spends in transit. High winds, rain, snow, ice, and high winds can all slow down your vehicle's travel time and cause delays in delivery.
- Traffic/Other Dangers-Auto transport is an unpredictable business. Drivers can be delayed by road construction, traffic jams, or mechanical problems. These possibilities should be considered and allowed for some extra time.
Delivery of your vehicle is the final step in your timeline. To make the process smoothest and fastest, arrange to meet your driver in advance. The driver will typically contact you within a few hours to give you an estimate of delivery time. Sometimes you will need to be at work to meet the driver. Other times, you might have to agree to meet at a more convenient location for the driver. You will get your vehicle back faster if you are flexible with the delivery address.