How To Be An Auto Transporter
Auto transportation could be the right job for you if you're looking for a rewarding, fulfilling career that gives you autonomy, and freedom, and allows you to travel the country or the world. You may be unsure where to start if you are considering making the bold decision to become an auto transporter. Move Car Auto Transport is the leader in auto shipping since 2010 and has all the information that you need to start a new career as an autotransporter.
The Things You Need To Know To Be An Auto Transporter
- Are you a good driver? To be an auto transporter, you must have a driving license. You will need to be able to meet people, from vehicle owners to businesses, and offer top-notch customer service at pick-up and drop-off as well as other key points.
- Here are the steps to make the leap. The job requires a commercial driver’s license (CDL), a U.S. Department of Transportation number (USDOT) registration with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, FMCSA, and a Motor Carrier number (MC). In addition to proof of general liability coverage, you will also need proof that your auto insurance is current. These are the basic requirements to start your career in the auto transportation industry.
- What you can expect to make. Your pay range will vary based on the job you get and where you work. As a general rule, you can expect to earn between $50,000 and $75,000 per year in your exciting new role as an autotransporter. A flat rate for each trip, or a per-mile rate depending on how far you drive, could also be offered.
- A typical day in the life of an auto transporter. Vehicle owners may need you to ship their cars or work with dealerships that have to transport a large number of vehicles. You may drive an enclosed or flatbed truck, or an open carrier. No matter what job you have, you can expect to load and unload cars as well as drive many hours per day.
- Where to apply. There are many companies that need qualified auto transporters. These include those who cater to private car owners and businesses that ship vehicle fleets. If you are looking for a place to begin your career as an autotransporter, make sure you look for companies that care about their employees and aim for excellence in their services.
Move Car Auto Transport always looks for the best drivers to join its network. We have been the industry leader in car shipping quality since 2010. Adding our company name to your resume will guarantee you a successful career within the auto transport industry.
Contact today to begin your new career as an automobile transporter.