How Many Cars Can I Ship
This guide is for those who have ever wondered how many cars they can carry.
For someone who is new to transportation, it can be difficult to understand car transportation systems. There are many problems to be faced. To name just a few, longer commutes, sprawling communities, higher fleet costs, and fuel costs are all factors.
But, before you do anything, the most important question anyone might ask when they are considering transporting their car is "How many cars am I able to transport?"
Today you will solve the mystery.
Unlimited is the quick answer. Multiple cars can be transported at the same time. Auto transport carriers can carry up to 11 or 12 cars, depending on their sizes. Car transport works according to the principle of "the more the better". The more cars you ship, the lower the load cost.
Let's take a midi tour of different aspects and learn more about car transportation.
Here you go!
Can I transport multiple cars at once?
Yes, absolutely! As long as the ready date, origin, and destination are identical.
There is no limit on how many cars you can transport at one time. You can transport as many cars and as many vehicles as you want at any given time.
A single auto transport vehicle can carry up to 11-12 cars, while another carrier might only hold 2-3 cars. It all depends on what type of car you have and where you are going.
These are some possible scenarios:
- Multiple cars can be shipped from the same place to the same delivery address.
- Multiple cars can be transported from different locations to different delivery points.
The first case might have a lower price than the second. The second option is still more affordable if you are a returning customer to the company that transports your vehicle(s).
Long Haul Car Transport Method
Long Haul Car Transport is also known as Transporting cars using a long haul truck.
Long haul car transport is best for clients who need to transport multiple cars at once. Because of their simplicity and versatility, many car shipping companies use long-haul car transport methods.
Another reason to adopt this system is the long-haul trucks that are used in it. These trucks can be used to transport cars over longer distances. Particularly by land transport
Long haul trucks are stretched at 28-30 feet long and have flatbed rigs that can haul the cargo. They can also haul multiple cars.
They are therefore the best option for transporting cars from one location to another.
Why do many transportation services prefer long-haul car transport methods?
You can see some reasons why long-haul car transport is the best option for many logistical services.
Larger Cargo Capacity
Clients and companies both love the huge capacity of long-haul car transportation trucks.
By combining a large number of vehicles, they can save significant fuel costs by shipping orders from one location to the next. Long haulers are used by most car shipping companies to do collective shipping. The cumulative shipments increase their daily output. They can therefore ship more vehicles per day at lower prices.
If we look at the advantages of shipping cars with long-haul truck haulers from the client's perspective, they are more cost-effective than any other method and save time.
They have a high torque
The definition of torque is:
A long hauler's engine must be strong enough to lift the additional weight and its own weight (which it has to transport).
Cars of any type can be shipped by long haulers, such as two- or four-door vehicles, and middle-sized trucks.
Truck haulers can carry cargo as heavy as A THOUSAND tonnes...
Truck haulers need to be strong enough to lift the cargo they haul. For long hauling trucks, they have powerful engines that produce more torque.
Long-haul transport methods are flexible.
Clients have two options when it comes to long-haul transport. Either enclosed shipping or open-air shipping
Enclosed Shipping is enclosed shipping refers to transporting your vehicle (s) inside an enclosed container. The transportation company arranges all the cars for shipping in enclosed shipping. Why is this? The reason is that the shipping containers enclosed are not made to hold cars in a double-decker fashion.
Shipping enclosed provides additional protection from the elements.
Open Air Shipping: Open-air shipping is transporting the shipping vehicles inside an open-car loader. There are two types of open-air containers:
- Single-compartment Containers (several cars are organized in one file)
- Double-decked Containers for Cars (can be used to ship multiple cars in one file).
Open-air shipping can be a good option to tow multiple cars at once. It is also cheaper than enclosed shipping.
Long-haul car shipping is an efficient way to ship cars.
It all depends on you, whether you choose open-air shipping to transport your vehicle or enclosed shipping.
Long haul trucks can have 16 and 18 wheels depending on the make and design. They are also designed to travel long distances. A higher number of wheels can also be used to transport heavyweights.
These wheels can withstand the weight of all their passengers, from coast to coast to point A to B. These wheels also have strong shock-absorbing properties that allow them to roll on bumpy and rough roads.
Long-haul trucks have a long-range, which is ideal as most transportations take place at night. You will also find it easier to drive at night.
Benefits of Shipping Multiple Cars at the Same Time with Long Haul Transport
It is beneficial to ship multiple cars using the long-haul transport service. Each additional vehicle will bring you additional benefits.
For example, you might say:
- Shipping more than one vehicle at a time can result in lower shipping costs and substantial savings.
- Only one pickup and one drop-off will be required.
- Car insurance covers your cars (in the unlikely event of damage, it would be easier to file an insurance claim).
- The benefit of transporting multiple cars simultaneously is that pickup and delivery times can be significantly faster than shipping one car.
- Multiple vehicles are more likely to be shipped by the same carrier, which means that there will be fewer stops for pick-ups and deliveries.
- This saves time and ensures that your cars arrive together.
Attention! Before you book, it is a good idea to talk about the number of vehicles and ask any questions. You can ensure that the vehicle has the correct equipment.
Shipping more than one vehicle can save you money: Here's how
It is possible to transport more than one vehicle at once. This is advantageous for shipping at reduced rates. The conditions of the transport companies will determine if you are eligible for multiple-vehicle discounts.
These are some conditions they may place:
Your vehicles should be in good running order and must be available for use.
You must also pick them up and drop them off at the same place.
Other Ways to Transport Your Cars
We have so far discussed long haul transport as a method for transporting cars and other vehicles from the perspective of clients and companies.
But that's not the only option. This is by far the best option.
You can see other options for moving your car.
To transport your car(s), you can hire a professional driver.
Many logistics companies are specialized in providing professional rivers to transport your vehicle. You also have the option of hiring someone or using a third party to help you with this task.
The Pros and Cons of Hiring a Driver To Transport Your Car(s),
These are the benefits of hiring a driver to move your vehicle:
- Personal service is available.
- If you have extra luggage, you can send it.
- The option of specialized insurance might be available to you.
- You may also have the opportunity to ride along.
- Your transportation is done quickly and on time.
The Cons of Hiring A Driver to Transport Your Car(s),
Let's take a look at the pros and cons of hiring a driver to transport your vehicle.
- It might be difficult to find reliable drivers, whether they are employed by a company or an individual.
- You might not use the services of a single person, so your car may suffer unnecessary wear.
- Hiring a driver can be more expensive than long-distance vehicle transportation services.
Rail transport of car (s)
You can also transport your cars by rail. It is much cheaper than other transport methods and requires a simple process.
Take your car(s) to the station, and then take it to the delivery address. That's it.
The Pros and Cons of Transporting Car(s), by Rail
Here are some benefits to transporting your car by rail.
- Transporting your car is easy and affordable.
- Trains are an environmental-friendly option as they have a lower carbon footprint.
- You have two options with trains: enclosed or open-air shipping.
Cons of Transporting Car(s), by Rail
Here are some cons to transporting your car by rail.
- It might be difficult to drop off your car at different stations.
- It might take you longer to transport your vehicle(s), by train, than you anticipated.
- The cargo will not allow you to transport your item.
Drive Your Car by Yourself
Yes, that's right!
You can also drive your car to transport it. You might have to pay more if you decide to drive your car.
Driving longer distances can not only increase the cost of transportation but also cause nerve damage.
Driving Your Car: The Pros and Cons of Transportation Your Car
Below are the pros and cons of shipping your vehicle by self-driving.
- Traveling together can make the journey a family-friendly experience.
- You can drive at your pace.
- To keep stress at bay, you can take frequent breaks and still feel fresh.
The Cons of Driving Your Car
These are some cons to driving your car.
- Transportation expenses can be very expensive.
- Driving your car from one location to the next takes a lot of time.
- Bad weather or heavy traffic can lead to an increase in the timeframe.
- One car can be driven at a given time. Multiple car transports are not possible.
- Long driving hours can pose a danger.
You can use a trailer to transport your car(s)
A trailer is another option to transport your vehicle to your desired destination.
Take note: To use a trailer to transport cargo or vehicles, you need to have the right skills.
It is essential that you hire someone who can haul and maneuver a trailer loaded with heavy loads.
The Benefits of Transporting Your Car(s), Using a Trailer
Here are some benefits to shipping your vehicle(s) with a trailer.
- It is the most secure way to move your car(s), as it reduces the chance of your vehicle(s), getting damaged.
- It is an affordable way to get around.
The Cons of Transporting Your Car(s), using a Trailer
Towing your car(s) with a trailer has its downside. It requires enough practice and experience to drive and manage the extra weight. Finding a competent trailer driver can be a challenge.
Tips for Finding a Trustworthy Car Transportation Service
Unreliable logistic services could cause your car to be damaged. Right?
It would be a great help to have a reliable transportation provider who can ship your car. Below are some tips to help you choose a reliable transportation company.
- You should make sure the company that you're considering moving your vehicle (s) is fully insured.
- Do your research online about the transport company you are interested in.
- Seek out reviews and check if the company has a website.
- In the event of an accident, be sure to review the policy.
- You can always rely on a company that offers 24/7 customer support.
You are ready to take your transportation if a service meets all of these criteria.
We have now completed our tour of different aspects of car transport. You should now have all the information you need about transporting your vehicle (s), and you know that you don't have any limit on the number of vehicles you can transport.