Here Are Five Steps To Prepare Your Vehicle For Transport
You should prepare your car before shipping it. These 5 essential steps will ensure that your car is safe during transportation. This checklist will help you to ensure your vehicle's safety while being moved.
- Get All Your Belongings Out of the Car Clean your car thoroughly and get rid of all your personal belongings. Insurance will not cover anything if it is missing. You should not leave any items that could cause damage to your vehicle when it is being transported by the vehicle transporter.
- Wash Your Vehicle - It is important to wash your vehicle before shipping. This will make it easier to determine if your car has suffered any damage.
- Take a photo of your car before shipment - This will allow you to document the damage and also take another picture once the car arrives.
- Disable Alarms, and Remove Custom Accessories Many cars have alarms that can't be turned off easily. Also, custom features can be difficult to turn off. Make sure you tell the auto transporter about any unusual features. It will be much more difficult to fix your car if it is damaged on the road.
- Emptying your Gas Tank You should make your car as light as you can when shipping it. Shipping your car will cost more if it is heavier than it should be. Your car's fuel tank should be about 1/4 full. This will ensure that any gas leaks from one car's tank do not affect the rest.
These 5 steps will make it easier to ship your car safely. Move Car, the auto shipper with years of experience, will send your car safely and efficiently.