Here Are 7 Things To Remember When Shipping A Car Out Of State
It is much easier to ship a car from one state to another than driving it yourself. Auto transport can be used to move your car from one place to another, whether you are moving to be near family or to start a new job. It may seem unfamiliar to you but it is important to do your research and learn the basics of shipping a vehicle out of state.
How to Ship a Car Out Of State
- Require insurance. Insurance is something you would not want to drive your car from one state to the next. This reasoning is why you need to ensure that your auto transport also includes insurance. Many auto transport companies don't offer insurance, or they charge low prices for insurance that doesn't cover you.
- Get guarantees. While accidents can happen, it is important to know how auto transport companies back their services. The commitment of the car shipper to their customers is demonstrated by a damage-free guarantee.
- See online reviews about auto transport to see what customers think. You should look for positive and negative trends. It is also important to observe how the company responds to problems.
- You can speak to someone live (or have the option). Check to see if they have a 24-hour, toll-free customer service number.
- Find out more about the driver network. This is an important part of your experience with car shipping from out of state. Before you give your car to an auto shipper, make sure to carefully review the driver screening process.
- It is more expensive to ship a vehicle during certain seasons. Your car shipping cost can rise due to seasonal and regional demand patterns. For example, snowbirds travel to Florida every fall and leave in the spring. Shipping a car from up north to Florida could be more costly due to these high-demand times.
- Pay attention to the fine print. Car shipping is not an exception. There are some bad actors who will try to hide extra costs so that they can offer you a low price. Unfortunately, you may be charged a balloon fee at the end for the car shipment.
These seven rules will help you find the right solution to your logistical problems when shipping a car from one state to another. Move Car Auto Transport is the market leader in out-of-state car shipping. Since 2010, we pay careful attention to our customers' needs. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond to ensure your vehicle is taken care of every step of the journey.
Get your no-obligation online quote for Move Car Auto Transport today.